You can sign up for Willing Webcam News using RSS feeds:
What is RSS?
Willing Software has released Willing Webcam for Mac v1.0.
This software is similar to Willing Webcam for Windows, but more flexible and elegant.
It runs on Apple Mac OS X starting from v10.8.
Willing Webcam for Mac is a software that helps you capture video and pictures and then
saves the files locally, instantly or at preset intervals. To make your videos really shine,
you can enhance them with comments, date and time stamps, watermarks, and various image
• Support for Built-in and external USB webcams, IP network cameras, HD cameras,
Firewire and DV devices.
• Unlimited object and feature amount for each project.
• Project editor to manage objects and features.
• Objects: Camera, Image watermark, Date and Time stamp, Text stamp, Desktop.
• Picture feature. JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF, JPEG-2000, TIFF formats.
• Time Lapse feature. H.264, M-JPEG formats.
• Embedded image and video browser for media files created.
• Embedded image and video viewers.
You can download the trial version ( build April 18) from the URL:
Willing Software Releases Willing Webcam 5.5
* The new video source has been added. Please see the 'Video device > Video Source' pull-down list and its corresponding 'Source' button list above the preview window. This video source allows you to capture screenshots of a program window in real time, so you can use the Crop options to select video areas on the program window. Expand the Crop option and drag the mouse above the preview window to make that. Collapse the option to remove the yellow border. The 'Program Window' video source is especially useful for those network cameras that are not directly supported by the program and for publishing dynamic program output. The source program must not be minimized. Besides if you close the source program and then open it again, restart the video source because Windows assigns a new identifier to the new program window.
Willing Software Releases Willing Webcam 5.4
* The new video source, 'Web Page', has been added. Please see the ‘Video device > Video Source’ drop-down list and its corresponding ‘Source’
button above the preview window. This video source allows you to capture screenshots of a web page in real time so you can use the Crop options to select video areas on the web page. Expand the Crop option and drag the mouse above the preview window to do it. Collapse the option to remove the yellow border. If your web page is static, enable the ‘Video device > Video Source > Web Page > Cycle’ option to refresh the page at a certain interval. You don’t have to do it for dynamic web pages. Unfortunately, it’s not possible to capture java applets on web pages so you will see an empty page background or a black rectangle instead of the java applet if the page contains one. The ‘Web Page’ video source is especially useful for those network cameras that are not directly supported by the program. You have to specify the direct address of the page with the video preview in the camera’s web interface. Don’t forget about the Authentication options. If you change the web address, restart the video source again.
Willing Software Releases Willing Webcam 5.3
* The program offers you the opportunity to upload webcam images to the Willing Software site.
The 'HTTP Upload > Subscription' command has been added. Disable this option if you prefer to upload to your own web site in the old fashion. Webcam Gallery service is intended for people
who don't have web hosting or don't have the time to support it. The Willing Webcam program uploads images to our web site and your visitors can view your web page according to the defined
access level. The service has a design panel to create and manage your web page yourself. If you like image galleries, you can insert an enhanced image gallery into your web page using just one
Please see more here: http://www.willingwebcam.com
* The default program screen, a few toolbar icons, and the program icon have been changed.
Willing Software Releases Willing Webcam 5.2
* The program supports the following Canon digital cameras:
Power Shot A10, A20, A30, A40, A60, A70, A75, A80, A85, A95, A100, A200, A300, A310, A400,
A510, A520, S1 IS, S2 IS, S10, S20, S30, S40, S45, S50, S60, S70, S100, S110, S200, S230, S300,
S330, S400, S410, S500, SD10, SD20, SD100, SD110, SD200, SD300, SD400, SD500, G1, G2, G3,
G5, G6, Pro90 IS, Pro1;
IXY DIGITAL L, L2, 30, 30A, 40, 50, 55, 200, 200A, 300, 300A, 320, 400, 450, 500, 600;
DIGITAL IXUS V, V2, V3, I, I5, II, IIS, 30, 40, 50, 300, 330, 400, 430, 500, 970 IS;
These cameras work with Willing Webcam on Windows XP.
EOS -1D Mark II, 20D, -1Ds Mark II, 350D, 5D, -1D Mark II N, 30D, 400D, -1D Mark III, 40D,
-1Ds Mark III, 450D, 1000D, 50D, 5D Mark II, 500D, 7D, -1D Mark IV, 550D, 60D;
These cameras work with Willing Webcam on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.
Willing Software Releases Willing Webcam 5.1
* The program supports the following Canon digital cameras:
Power Shot A620, A640, S80, S3 IS, S5 IS, G7, G9, G10, SX100 IS, SX110 IS. All cameras work with Willing Webcam on Windows XP. They also work with Willing Webcam on Vista in Windows XP compatibility mode and on Windows 7 (except the S80 model). See the ‘Video Device > Video Source > Digital Camera’ options and the zoom & reset buttons above the preview. Most of the options become visible only after the camera is connected.
* A check for new program versions has been added. See the 'Preferences > Check new versions'
* The installation file now uses a new installer. It permits you to run the file under a user account
without administrator's rights.
Willing Software Releases Willing Webcam 5.0
* The program is now compatible with Windows 7.
* The program has been optimized for User Account Control (UAC) on Vista and Windows 7.
Program settings files and the Willing Webcam\My Pictures media directory have been moved under the
Documents directory according to Microsoft guidelines. Each Willing Webcam program copy will have
a separate subdirectory with a name that is created based on the copy's path. When you run the
program for the first time, the current settings and media files are moved to a new location.
The file move operation applies to Vista, Windows 7 and Windows XP.
* The Portuguese (Brazilian) localization has been added. Many thanks to Paulo Vaz dos Santos from
Brazil for his many contributions to this work.
* The 'Preferences > Program title addition' has been added. It adds an addition to the program title.
This is useful for multiple rolled-up program copies.
* Check us out on Facebook, Twitter and
Google Buzz. We put useful tips and late-breaking information on these sites.
Willing Software Releases Willing Webcam 4.9
* Addition of features 'Send MMS' and 'Motion Detection > Actions > Send MMS'. Also see options 'Preferences > Mobile Phone > MMS'. Your mobile phone with a GRPS modem and MMS subscription must be connected to the computer via Bluetooth, IrDa or serial cable. If you have a Bluetooth connection, the serial port service for your phone should be configured in the Bluetooth configuration panel.
* The program now works more easily with a few cycled features.
* The 'Live Desktop' feature now operates with most video cards.
* The program now supports the pan, tilt, and zoom features of Logitech QuickCam Orbit AF cameras and Logitech QuickCam Orbit MP cameras.
* The 'Preferences > Location > Amendments' options have been added. Sunrise and sunset times can now be corrected.
* A large number of new IP cameras have been added to the drop-down list 'Video Device > Video Source > Network Camera > Model'.
Willing Software Releases Willing Webcam 4.8
* Now it is possible to create time lapse video in the SWF format. Please pay attention to an example of using a video file in the directory 'Program Files\Willing Webcam\Web Pages\Time Lapse\SWF'. Adobe Flash Player loads the entire video file in memory when you are viewing it. If the file is very large, you may run short of RAM. In this case, you should reduce the following value: 'Time Lapse > Max file size Mb'.
* The new head object has been added to the 'Motion detection > Object detection > Object' list. Now there are two objects in the list: head and face. Motion detection is possible only if the selected object is in the frame.
* Now it is possible to copy the current camera image to the clipboard. The 'Copy' button is located above the view window. This feature can be useful for pasting photos into a database using the standard Paste command.
* Now it is possible to restore the program from the minimized status when motion is detected: 'Motion detection > Actions > Restore the program'.
Willing Software Releases Willing Webcam 4.7
* Now you can add timestamps to file names in all features that can produce file sequences. Please
see the corresponding 'Enable sequence > File name format > use time' options. See also the time format description: Time Caption
* You can also create subfolders with time in their names. Please see the 'Create a subfolder' options. Use the '\' character in the 'Create a subfolder > Time format' string to create embedded subfolders.
* The 'Enable number' option has been renamed to the 'Enable sequence' one.
Willing Software Releases Willing Webcam 4.6
* The 'Motion Detection > Object detection' options have been added. The motion detector will be
triggered only if the camera captures a human face. Your pet won't be able to set off the alarm.
Lighting has to be good. You can see object detection in the 'Motion Detection > Show motion' mode
in the form of a yellow frame.
* The 'Pan, Tilt, Zoom > Object Tracking' options have been added Logitech Orbit (Sphere) cameras.
The function allows a camera that can pan and tilt to follow a human face. The 'Object Tracking' button
above the preview window also switches this function too.
* The program supports more network cameras now. In addition to cams with the JPEG and MJPEG
outputs, Linksys WVC54GC, WVC200 with the MPEG (ASF) output have been added. You need to wait
till the webcam video buffer is full before you can see the first frame.
* The 'Time Lapse > Max file size MB' option has been added.
* The 'Movie Save > Enable Text/Time Captions' option has been added. Disable it if you have problems
saving the movie.
* The 'Video size > more ...' button item has been added for the VFW and DirectX modes though you
can get more resolutions for DirectX. The program now saves non-standard resolutions as well.
* The Home and Scan operations have been added for network pan/tilt/zoom cameras.
Willing Software Releases Willing Webcam 4.5
* The 'Time Lapse > New file every day' option has been added. It splits the time lapse file on the first frame that will be saved on a new day, so the Schedule option can affect this operation. The 'Time Lapse > Overwrite' option has been renamed into 'Split'.
* The 'Zoom Out %' option has been added to a few features, so they will be able to operate with different image resolutions working imultaneously. The following features now have it: Video Output, FTP Upload, HTTP Server, HTTP Upload, Picture, Send Email, Time Lapse, Watermark.
* The 'Management Kit > Schedule' options have been added. You can set time for two command lines. Each of them can be run every day or on a certain day and time. Use a comma to separate multiple commands on one line. Please see the Commands page below for the option table.
* The command parameter has been added to the program. The -command parameter precedes a commands line enclosed by double quotes. For example, <wwcam.exe -command "ftp on,capture"> for the full version, <wwlite.exe -command "picture on,capture"> for the lite version (remove the angle brackets). Use a comma to separate multiple commands on one line. Please see the Commands page below for the option table.
Willing Software Releases Willing Webcam 4.4
* The 'From > Sunrise' and 'To > Sunset' options have been added to the schedule. These options automatically change 'From' and 'To' time values every day according to your geographic location. See also the 'Preferences > Location' options. You have to specify your precise coordinates (degrees) taken from a GPS receiver or a map in the 'Preferences > Location > Longitude' and 'Latitude' fields.
* The 'Font > Background' option has been added for both text and time stamps. Letters will be seen more distinctly.
* The 'Preferences > Report' option has been added. It copies the program settings and the log file to the clipboard. You will be able to paste the clipboard contents into a message with your problem you will send to the support service.
Willing Software Releases Willing Webcam 4.3
* The 'Text Caption > Text from a file > Cycle', 'Time Caption > Text from a file > Cycle' and 'Watermark > Cycle' options have been added. These options load text and image stamps from files and they will be useful for weather station owners and scientific researchers.
Willing Software Releases Willing Webcam 4.2
* The ‘Video Device > Video Output’ feature now supports 32-bit Microsoft Vista.
* The media player for avi movies has been added as a video source. You can broadcast avi files created by the ‘Movie Save’ or ‘Time Lapse’ feature or even whole mpeg movies via the ‘Video Output’ feature using Skype or the Yahoo/MSN instant messenger as well. Please see the 'Video Device > Video Source > Movie’ option.
Willing Software Releases Willing Webcam 4.1
* The 'Motion detection > Crop > Crop mode' option has been added. You can select a shape for the motion detection area. It might be either a rectangle or a black-and-white mask (white areas will be transparent) in the bmp, jpg, gif, png, tif format. You will achieve the best result if you create a 1-bit bmp mask. Take a photo with the Picture feature and then process it in an image editor. Minimize the black areas of the mask for the detector to work more smoothly.
* The 'Motion detection > Stop detection' option has been added. Now it's possible to invert the motion detection feature. The option forces the selected actions to be activated when an idle period is detected.
* The algorithm of the motion detector has been slightly enhanced.
Willing Software Releases Willing Webcam 4.0
* The 'Video Device > Video Output' feature has been added. It sends the video stream from the program to the 'Willing Webcam Capture' video driver. You can select this driver in Skype, an instant messenger (for example, MSN, Yahoo) or in other instances of Willing Webcam at the same time. Thus, now any video source available for the program (Webcam WDM and DirectX, network camera, Webcam Relay, desktop, hard disk directory) is also available for other video software. Add text, date and time stamps, watermarks, and various video effects to the output video stream. It is possible to output only part of the video image using the crop options. It would be a good idea to adjust the image size in the program so that it corresponds to the image size in the target software. The 'Video Output' button above the preview window allows you to enable the feature with a single mouse click.
* The 'Direct Order' option has been added to the 'Movie Save' and the 'Motion Detection > Actions > Capture video' features. If you enable this option in the program, it will not rename all avi files saved before. See the 'Movie Save > Enable number' and 'Motion Detection > Actions > Capture video > Enable number' root options.
* It might be interesting for network camera owners: now the blue offline message is changed into your graphical message between 10 and 15 seconds. Of course, you should fill the 'Video Device > Video Source > Default screen > File name' field before that.
* The 'Web Pages\HTTP Server\Mobile' template has been added for the ‘HTTP Server’ feature. Its java script is used to refresh the webcam image in a mobile device. The mobile device must support the java script language. Otherwise use the address http://IP:Port/ww.jpg and refresh the picture manually.
Willing Software Releases Willing Webcam 3.9
* The motion detection sensor has become more sensible to slow objects.
* Now the program is compatible with Windows Vista.
- The HTTP Server feature requires the Java virtual machine to be installed on your computer, because the Microsoft Virtual Machine for Java is no longer included in Internet Explorer v.7 under Windows Vista. You should install the latest Sun Java Runtime Environment(JRE) on the client computer where the page with the java applet will be opened:
- If you have a few video feeds and work under the VFW mode you can avoid the 'Video Source > Select Video Device' dialog box. You can use one of the following ways:
-- You should run the program with administrator rights:
Control Panel > Computer > \Program Files\Willing Webcam\wwcam.exe > Properties > Compatibility > Privilege Level > Run this program as an administrator.
-- You can disable the User Account Control (UAC), but disabling UAC will lead to a less secure system:
Control Panel > User Account and Family Safety > User Accounts > Change Security Settings > Disable UAC.
If you have a Logitech Orbit (Sphere) camera and need its pan/tilt/zoom functions, the above mentioned ways will help you as well.
Willing Software Releases Willing Webcam 3.8
* A time-lapse avi file has a 2GB limitation in size. The file is now split into 2GB parts in order to overcome it. Neither the 'Time Lapse > Overwrite' option nor the overwrite dialog box confirmation delete the current file anymore. The file gets a new name with a higher number.
* The 'Management Kit > Listen to e-mail, sms and http commands > Enable HTTP' feature has been added. It allows the program to accept remote commands via the enabled
'HTTP Server' feature. Please take a look at the
'Program Files\Willing Webcam\Web Pages\HTTP Server\Commands\index.html' web page.
You can use this remote control panel both from the local hard disk and from any website. You can also use this page as a template for creating your own web page (for example, for sending the tilt, pan, zoom commands).
* Several new commands have been added to the Commands table.
Willing Software Releases Willing Webcam 3.7
* The SMS support has been added for the Motion Detection and Management Kit features.
- The Motion Detection can send SMS messages when motion is detected.
See the 'Preferences > Mobile Phone > SMS', 'Motion Detection > Actions > Send SMS' options.
- The program can regularly check the mobile phone for new SMS messages and execute commands they contain. See the 'Preferences > Mobile Phone > SMS', 'Management Kit > Listen to e-mail and SMS commands > Enable SMS' options.
- Your mobile phone must be connected to the computer through Bluetooth, IrDa or serial cable. The program can send and receive SMS messages only in Latin characters. If you have a Bluetooth connection, you should configure the serial port service for your phone in the Bluetooth configuration panel.
Attention! Do not rely only on SMS because the mobile service provider can delay sending your message from several minutes to several days.
* The 'FTP Upload > Additional operations' option has been added. If you disable it, the program will upload the original file without uploading a temporary file first and renaming it later. Some FTP servers forbid the renaming operation.
* The 'Motion Detection > Schedule' option has been added.
* The 'Binding' option has been added for the cycled features. The cycled operations start from nearest time mark on the fixed time net thus binding to it.
Willing Software Releases Willing Webcam 3.6
* Audio broadcasting worked only with the Webcam Relay feature in the previous versions. Now it works with a browser using the Willing Webcam java applet. You can use the new "sound" parameter with this applet:
<param name="sound" value="yes" /> or <param name="sound" value="no" />
By default, the applet requests sound. See also the 'Option Table > HTTP Server > Audio' and the 'Option Table > Preferences > Audio Source' options. The 'Option Table > HTTP Server > Audio' option must be enabled.
If you hear nothing from your broadcasting page, check the 'Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Java (Sun) > Use JRE v1.x.x_xx for <applet>' option in MS Explorer.
If there is no such option or if the JRE version is lower than 1.3, you should install the latest Sun Java Runtime Environment (JRE) on the client computer where the broadcasting page will be opened:
If this option exists and the version is 1.3 or higher, but it is not selected, select it.
Willing Software Releases Willing Webcam 3.5
* The support of the pan, tilt, zoom features for the Logitech QuickCam
Orbit and Sphere cameras has been added. These webcams have the scan mode now as well. Besides, you can perform the pan, tilt, zoom, scan operations both with control buttons above the preview window and remotely using e-mail commands. (Video Device > Video Source > Webcam or frame grabber > Video for Windows > Pan, Tilt, Zoom).
The DirectX driver set has the same options, but you should use the ptz
operations under the 'Video for Windows' driver set at least once to open these options under DirectX.
* The 'FTP Upload > Enable upload number > FTP Direct Order' option has been added. If you enable this option in the program, it doesn't rename all files uploaded before.
* The movie save and time lapse save features have been separated. They both have triangular control buttons under the preview window.
* The movie save feature now has the cycle and schedule options.
* The limit of 34,952 frames for an avi file has been increased to 324,000
frames, so if the Rate is 10 frames per second, you will get 324,000 / 10 / 60 / 60 = 9 hours of duration for one avi file. You should use a compressor codec, because there is still a 4GB file size limitation.
* The 'Video Device > Video Source > Desktop' algorithm has been improved.
* The 'Motion Detection' algorithm has been improved. The 'Motion Detection > Show motion' options have been added to facilitate specifying the motion detection options more precisely.
* The Swedish localization has been added. See the 'Language > Swedish' button above the preview window.
Acknowledgements and thanks to Sam Berglund from Sweden for his bright translation.
His occupation: Electronics/Vehicle diagnostic; Interest: Programming and electronics.
Willing Software Releases Willing Webcam 3.4
* The program supports more network cameras now. In addition to cams with the JPEG output,
cams with the MJPEG (Motion JPEG) output have been added.
* The 'Motion Detection > Actions > Time lapse video' feature has been added.
* The Dutch localization was added. Acknowledgements and thanks to Joep Jacobs from the Netherlands for his bright translation.
Willing Software Releases Willing Webcam 3.3
* The 'Motion Detection > Sound' (sound detection) feature has been added.
Microsoft DirectX 8.1 must be installed.
* The 'Motion Detection > Sound > Threshold % > Meter' option has been added.
* The 'Motion Detection > Sensibility %' option has been replaced by the 'Motion Detection > Threshold %' option,
Threshold is 100 - Sensibility. The program will correct this value itself.
* The 'Motion Detection > Threshold % > Meter' option has been added.
* The 'HTTP > Router' feature has been added. If you have a router, the program will detect the IP address of
your public router that is needed to view the webcam from the Net.
* The 'HTTP > Audio > Device' and 'HTTP > Audio > Format' options have been moved to
'Preferences > Audio Source > Device' and 'Preferences > Audio Source > Format' respectively.
* The 'HTTP > Audio > Meter' option has been added.
Willing Software Releases Willing Webcam 3.2
* The Spanish localization was added. See the 'Language > Spanish' button above the
preview window. Spanish site: http://www.willingsoftware.com/lang/spanish/
Acknowledgements and thanks to Alipio Fernandez from Spain for his bright translation.
* The TV tuner support was improved under the DirectX driver set. You will able to select
a TV channel, video feeds (Tuner, Composite, S-Video), input type (Antenna, Cable).
See the 'Video Device > Video Source > Webcam or frame grabber > DirectX > TV tuner'
options and TV channel switch above the option table. Microsoft DirectX 8.1 must be installed.
* The work of the program in the tray and roll-up modes was optimized. Now it doesn't poll
the video source in these modes without a necessity, thus saving processor power and
network traffic for IP cams.
Willing Software Releases Willing Webcam 3.1
* The program interface has been improved by reducing the title area and changing a few icons:
* The restart feature has been added. The program saves all settings, closes itself and starts again.
See the 'Preferences > Restart' checkbox.
* You can now specify the max number of files for the following features:
'FTP Upload > Enable Upload number > Max Upload number',
'HTTP Upload > Enable Upload number > Max Upload number',
'Picture > Enable Save number > Max Save number',
'Movie Save > Streaming video > Max number',
'Motion Detection > Actions > Capture video > Max number'.
* The synchronization button has been added above the Option Table. It manages the synchronization of the Option Table with other interface controls.
* You can upload your webcam page files using webpage templates from subdirectories in 'Program Files\Willing Webcam\Web Pages'. See the 'FTP Upload > Synchronization > Local Folder' options. You are free to change the templates to meet your needs if you want to. The template with the java script is designed for the FTP Upload and HTTP Upload features, the template with the java applet is designed for the HTTP Server feature. The java script is used to refresh the webcam image only without affecting other webpage elements.
* The wwCam.htm file has been moved from the program root directory to the 'Web Pages\HTTP Server\Local' directory.
* The PHP subdirectory has been moved from the program root directory to the 'Web Pages\HTTP Upload' directory.
Willing Software Releases Willing Webcam 3.0
* The 'HTTP Upload' (Submit) feature was added. This feature is an alternative to the 'FTP Upload'.
You can also upload two files at a time via FTP and HTTP.
How to customize the 'HTTP Upload': http://www.willingsoftware.com/help/howto.shtml#25 .
Take a look at http://www.willingsoftware.com/help/faq.shtml#HTTPUpload if you have problems with it.
* The 'Motion Detection > Actions > HTTP Upload' option was added.
* The 'Movie Save > Time lapse > Compression > Name' option was added.
Its list consists of 'Indeo (R) video 5.10' and 'MS Video 1' video codecs.
* The 'Preferences > Upload Status Bar' option was added. You can select an upload feature
(FTP, Submit, Email) which will have a progress bar indicator.